Building the impossible with Okra begins with your onboarding. This guide takes you through the necessary steps to get you started with using Okra’s services.
Create your account
As a first step, you need to register on the Okra Dashboard. The Dashboard is a toolbox that enables you to manage your account, your apps, and your customers. It is where you can find your API keys, and also where you can get insights into all the data that flows between your app, the Okra APIs, your customers, and their banks.
The dashboard requires verification for the email you register - make sure that you confirm your email address.
After you’ve verified your email address, you can start signing up your business via the Okra Dashboard. This compliance process has 4 steps:
Company info: provide your company name, its RC number, and select the country of registration. The dashboard verifies your RC number before you can continue.
Registration documents: upload your company’s CAC certificate, and a proof of your company status on the CAC platform.
Business profile: select your industry, provide your business’s name, and write a short summary about what your business does. Creating this business profile helps Okra provide more accurate support in case you need help.
SLA: the last step is to accept Okra’s Service Level Agreement. You can request a copy of this agreement to your email address. Once you agree to the terms, you can launch the dashboard and start building.
If you want to use Okra’s Payments solution, get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org to request access. It requires some additional verification before you can enable it in your integration.
Top up your wallet
Okra uses wallets to handle payments for the services and products that you use. For example, Okra debits your wallet after your subscription fees, and certain API calls in the production environment.
Things to know about your wallets:
- Okra’s wallets use credits, and the rate of 1 credit is fixed at 1 USD.
- Okra provides separate wallets for each business that you have. This enables you to select different payment plans for each of your businesses in a way that suits your needs.
- The Okra API returns API receipts in the response body for each billed API call. Read more about API receipts here.
Managing your wallet
Use the dashboard to directly manage your wallet. Through the dashboard, you can:
- Check your wallet’s credit balance
- Top up your wallet via secure card payments
- Set up automatic top-ups to ensure uninterrupted service for your applications
- Set up notifications to keep you informed about your credit balance
You can also interact with your wallet programmatically. Visit the API reference for more details.
As soon as your onboarding is done, you can start using Okra by building your first App.
The Okra app is a gateway for your users where they can link their bank accounts with Okra in your product, website, or application. This connection enables you to leverage Okra's API and retrieve up-to-date information in real time, and in a secure manner.
- If you have any questions about Okra's products or way of working, get in touch with the Support team.
- If you have technical questions or need help with your code, join Okra's Developer Community on Slack.
Was this page helpful?