We've created a public Postman workspace so that you can quickly and easily start testing what data you can get using Okra. In this article, you'll learn how to install and configure our collection.
Make sure you've installed the Postman App for Windows, Mac, or Chrome and have logged into your Postman account.
To use Okra API collection:
- Go to Okra's Postman workspace and click Watch. This way, if we ever make a change to the collection, you'll be automatically notified and you'll be able to pull the changes into your fork.
- Click on Fork to fork the collection into your own private workspace.
✳️ Done! Let's quickly configure Postman so that you can easily use our API.
Our Postman collections make use of environment variables to customize the requests that are sent. You can read more about environments in Postman's setting up an environment with variables article.
To create your environment variables:
- In Postman, click the eye icon.
- In the Environment section, click Add.
- Name your Environment, for example, Okra Sandbox.
- Add the following environment variables:
API_KEY: your sandbox API Key
secret: your sandbox secret(token).
Make sure that your
baseUrlare properly stored as the initial value AND current value. This is important to prevent potential errors
- Rename the environment to Okra Sandbox
- Click Save
✳️ Awesome! But before we go on, let's make sure that everything is working just fine with a simple call.
Just to make sure you've set everything up correctly, let's see that you can list all the banks in our Sandbox environment.
- Make sure that you select your Okra Sandbox environment.
- In the Okra API folder, select Bank → GET List.
- Click Send.
If everything is correctly set up, you should see a whole host of banks appear!
✳️ And you're done!
Updated 19 days ago