At Okra through our Direct Debit feature, merchants can decide what type of payment they want to implement, we have the following;
- Payment Link - Create a payment link from your dash without writing code and send it to any of your merchants to send payments with ease.
- One Time Payment - Charges on a users bank account occurs once, while
- Recurring Payments - Merchant automatically charges a customer for goods or services on a prearranged schedule or at an interval - Examples include cable bills, cell phone bills, gym membership fees, utility bills, and magazine subscriptions.
- Future Payments - This allows you to save a customer’s details without an initial payment. This is helpful if you want to onboard customers now, set them up for payments, and charge them in the future, through the API.
Step 1 - Payment Authorization
Choose your payment type
Step 2 - Payment Authorization
Once the payment initiation has been made, the payment request must be offered to the customer in order for them to pick their bank and authorize the payment.
Step 3 - Monitoring payment status
In other to monitor the payment status made, they are two things you must note;
- On the Okra Dashboard, Okra will send the transaction status and other information to the callback URL you specified in your app.
- You may use the payment reference ID to send a call to the status endpoint, which will provide the entire payment information, including the status and other details.
This table contains all of the payments fields in the respective endpoints.
||Unique Auth ID (Unique Okra Identifier)|
||Amount of available funds in the account|
||The closing balance of the account|
||Unique account ID (Unique Okra Identifier)|
||Customer connection status (Did they choose to connect this account to you?)|
||Unique customer ID (Unique Okra Identifier)
See Manage Customers ]
||Unique record ID (Unique Okra Identifier)
||Unique company ID (Unique Okra Identifier) ( Your Client Token)|
||Okra API Env the Auth was pulled from
||Date of Authentication|
||Last date of Authentication|
Conclusion: With these steps, you can successfully create a payment for your customers with ease.
Updated 8 days ago