To get started with Okra, you need to create an Okra Account and generate your API keys.
- Go to the Okra Dashboard sign-up page and fill in the required fields.
- Check your inbox for an email from us and confirm your email address.
The subject line will be: [Okra] Please Confirm Your E-mail Address
✳️ Done! Once you click on the link in the email, you'll be redirected to the Okra dashboard! In the dashboard, you can set up your account, check your activity logs, and generate your Okra API keys.
Now that you have an account - let's generate some API keys to start working with Okra.
Okra offers two environments:
Sandbox - a test environment with dummy data that you can use for unlimited development and testing.
Production - a live environment used with real connections to institutions
For each environment, you need separate API keys.
To generate your API keys:
- In the Sandbox environment, go to the API Keys tab of the dashboard. (We recommend that you use the sandbox environment to play around with our API).
- Click on the drop-down arrow, which will automatically generate your API keys.
- Copy and save the values you need to query Okra products: Client Token and Secret Key.
While using the
APIthe secret key is what's required from you, but in the case where you need to use the widget, the client token is what you must use.
You can also refresh your production or sandbox key if the need be.
✳️ Done! Now let's download and set up our Postman collection so you can quickly test out how to interact with our API 😉.
Updated 5 months ago