👍 Looking for something specific?
We have an awesome search function. Just press Cmd+K (MacOS) or Ctrl+K (Windows) and type what you're looking for!
Welcome to Okra Developer Documentation, where you get exclusive guides and relevant resources on how to access financial data and connect with financial accounts seamlessly via our secured and easy to integrate API.
Okra, which connects to all Nigerian banks, is the leading open financial platform in Africa. Our products are delivered via an enterprise-level PaaS with access to all banks and products via a single API.
We care deeply about the developer experience and follow a set of integration principles that make our products a delight to work with.
Once you implement Okra, your users will be able to connect their bank accounts to your app in just seconds. After which, you can retrieve financial information about that user.
To create this connection, your users need to share their online credentials with Okra. We encrypt these credentials as we receive them and only use them to access the account in read-only mode.
Once the link is created between your app and your user's institution account, you can pull financial data. This includes the accounts in their name, the real-time balance, transaction information and etc.
We also provide developers with a range of tools and resources to successfully build open finance projects:
Get started with Okra in about 5 minutes
Get started →
Explore our suites of API endpoints and test in real-time
View reference →
Okra client-side widget helps user connects their account with ease
View widget →
The Okra Dashboard is the control panel that lets you configure, customize, manage, and deploy access to the financial data powering your apps.
iOS, Android and web front-end SDKs that reduce the time it takes to bring new products to market
- The docs assume that you have some programming knowledge.
- The docs are a work in progress and receive regular updates.
- If you find something confusing in the docs or have suggestions for improvements let us know by making suggested edits
- If you find a bug in any of Okra SDK, please report it in this GitHub repo, along with a detailed description and steps to reproduce the issue. For technical questions, or if you need help with your code, then please join our Slack developer community.
- If you're unsure where to post, then please submit a ticket to the support desk or check the "FAQ & How to Get Help" page.
Products to Consider
Supercharge personal financial management tools
Avoid NSF Fees
Balance to fetch real-time account balances
Transfer funds or bank to bank transfer
Income to verify the income of a user
Debit to Credit Score
Budget and finance management
Auth to fetch account details and verify ownership
Updated about 2 months ago